eCommerce Merchandising Manager
- Boise, ID, USA
As the eCommerce Merchandising Manager, you will develop and implement site merchandising strategies consistent with brand and business goals. Partnering with our dynamic marketing team, you will create go-to-market plans and craft a seamless experience between off-site and on-site touch points with shoppers. You will define and manage merchandising and promotional calendars across brands, employing data to drive financial results. You will get the opportunity to lead cross-functional brand performance analysis processes, using results to adjust marketing, merchandising, and pricing and to advocate for new site features. You will partner closely with UX/UI in defining site roadmaps and will be a part of the team continuing to build our eCommerce platform and tools.
Our ideal candidate will be a champion of site merchandising best practices and processes and will be able to analyze data and compile actionable conclusions. He or she will maintain a big-picture mindset while paying close attention to details. We are looking for someone who is motivated by challenges and is both a leader and a doer – someone who gets energized by both setting direction and making things happen.
This position will report to the Senior Manager of eCommerce and works cross-functionally with creative, merchants, sourcing, marketing, UX/UI, and development to create an exceptional destination for seasonal and holiday shopping while driving financial results.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and manage site merchandising for seasons and campaigns, maintaining a detailed, well-planned calendar.
- Develop go-to-market plans for new categories and new product introductions.
- Build site content for our expanding product assortment, including new features and adjustments to the site taxonomy.
- Manage regular site merchandising, including product categorization, product ranking, cross-sell strategy, and visual merchandising.
- Create and manage sale and promotional calendars, supporting revenue and profitability goals.
- Suggest A/B tests to drive eCommerce merchandising conclusions and interpret results.
- Identify and monitor competitors and develop plans for differentiating.
- Lead cross-functional processes for assessing site, marketing, and assortment performance using our analytics platform, internal reporting, and marketing and customer data.
- Understand and use website tools to manage site pages and structures, helping to resolve small to mid-sized issues related to item setup, content management, and navigation.
- Train, project manage, and mentor site merchandising and website operations teams based in the Philippines and the U.S.
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years related experience in eCommerce or site merchandising from a high-performing consumer brand.
- Knowledge of best practices in site merchandising.
- Visual merchandising acumen.
- Experience with eCommerce platforms, tools, and technologies used for website merchandising and management.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including merchants, marketing, creative, UX/UI, and development.
- Experience managing small and medium-size projects.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to present to and influence large groups.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Word) skills required, basic understanding of HTML a plus.
- BA/BS in Business, Merchandising, Marketing or related field preferred, MBA a plus.
- French or German language skills a plus, but neither expected nor required.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID or Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.