eCommerce Merchandising Analyst
- Boise, ID, USA
As the eCommerce Merchandising Analyst, you will be responsible for planning and bringing to life onsite experiences that inspire shoppers and drive sales. You’ll get to flex your creative and problem solving muscles by working on a wide range of projects across multiple brands. You will get the opportunity to work on product marketing for key assortments and year-round and seasonal online merchandising processes. You will work cross functionally with several teams, specifically coordinating with Marketing on campaigns and integrations. This role offers an excellent opportunity for you to develop expertise in eCommerce and gain wide exposure to a variety of teams, particularly Creative, Design, UX, and Marketing.
Our ideal candidate is a high-potential recent college graduate who is excited about the eCommerce industry and eager to learn. We are looking for an exceptional communicator who can draft both a clear, convincing internal memo and a great headline for our site homepage. The best candidates will demonstrate a customer-centric mindset, showing good intuition for the needs and preferences of our brands’ customers. Organization and prioritization will be key to success in this role.
The Site Merchandising Analyst will report to the Senior Manager of eCommerce.
What you’ll do:
- Support product marketing efforts for key assortments. Work with UX and Merchant teams to define positioning. Partner with Content and Design to communicate key messages visually and verbally onsite.
- Plan and execute site merchandising for seasons and campaigns.
- Perform on-going site merchandising, including product categorization, product ranking, and cross-sell creation.
- Help develop go-to-market plans for new categories and new product introductions.
- Build out and optimize site content and features as our product assortment expands. Partner with UX and UI on experiences and features that will improve the on-site customer experience.
- Identify and monitor competitors.
- Understand and use back-end website tools to manage site pages and structures. Resolve small back-end issues related to item setup, content management system, and navigation.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years of professional experience, potentially composed of internship and part-time experience.
- “Good taste” or visual acumen – you will be responsible for presenting an enticing experience to our shoppers.
- Superior communication skills. We’re looking for a top-notch writer as well as someone who can present confidently to a small group.
- Experience managing small projects.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Excel, PPT, Word) skills. HTML a plus, but not expected or required.
- French or German language skills a plus, but not expected or required.
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA or Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.