Video Editing Intern
- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented individual with a self-starter mindset to join our Creative Team. As Video Editing Intern, you will work closely with our video producers to edit a high volume of raw footage into refined, engaging videos for our website and various marketing channels. You will play an integral role in the team’s post-production phase and assist with organizing and distributing deliverables to our cross-functional teams in Redwood City, CA and the Philippines.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for film and multimedia. You are self-driven and able to take a project and run with it. You are a proactive communicator, are organized, have great time management skills, and pay attention to the fine details. You can also take direction and collaborate well with others.
The Video Editing Intern will report to the Video Production Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Organize and manage digital assets
- Assemble raw footage into deliverable content
- Create titles, mix audio, and color correct
- Optimize videos for a variety of social platforms
- Manage and distribute deliverables to appropriate teams
- Assist with pre-production and production as needed
- Work closely with Creative and Marketing teams
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams
What you bring to the table:
- 1+ years experience in video editing
- Current pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Structured thinking and creative problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with studio and location video production a plus
What you’ll come out with:
- Experience working at a fast-paced, growing eCommerce retailer with talented individuals and teams
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally and cross-geographically
- An understanding of how an in-house creative team operates
- An understanding of the wide variety of social and hosting platforms and the ability to optimize video accordingly
- Refinement of technical video-related skills
- Experience organizing and managing a high volume of digital assets
- Ability to create and edit videos with a customer-centric mindset as well as business mindset
About Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a paid summer internship, desired 3-month commitment (Jun-Aug 2018)
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.