UX Design Intern
- Boise, ID, USA
Balsam Brands is seeking a talented UX design intern to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate has a strong interest in the fields of user experience design, research, or information architecture. You are a creative thinker, who is imaginative, observant, and empathetic for the end user.
At Balsam Brands, you’ll get the chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact, working directly on leading E-Commerce brands in the holiday & home décor space. You will focus on improving our desktop & mobile experiences via user research, wireframing, prototyping, and user testing. You’ll collaborate closely with and learn from our UX/UI team and cross-functional teams, working together to create a user-friendly experience for our customers.
This is a full-time opportunity with a desired 3-month commitment during summer 2018. The UX Design Intern will report to our Senior UX Designer in Boise, ID.
What you’ll do:
Based on skills and interests, responsibilities may include the following:
- Learn and leverage user-centered design techniques to improve our mobile commerce experience
- Documentation of user flows to understand key tasks our users perform on our mobile website
- Involvement in user research to explore, uncover and analyze end-user requirements during usability studies, user interviews, etc.
- Sketch out low-fidelity wireframes & create digital high-fidelity wireframes
- Create prototypes to test with our user base
- Collaboration with UX/UI team on interaction design & visual design
- Cross-functional work with our Marketing, E-Commerce, Customer Service, and Engineering teams to optimize the customer journey
What you bring to the table:
- Currently pursuing a design or design research major, or have creative experience and looking to expand your knowledge of the field of user experience
- Solid analytical and creative thinker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual
- Strong background in design fundamentals along with relevant internship work, work experience, or personal project experience outside the classroom.
- Experience with Sketch and/or Photoshop is a plus
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design principles for web and/or mobile platforms is a plus. Bonus points if you include a link to a personal project you’re proud of in your cover lette
About Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a paid summer internship, desired 3-month commitment. There is an opportunity for full-time hire; the team will assess this potential at the end of the internship.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.