- Boise, ID, USA
Do you have an interest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Does analyzing data, taking initiative, and having an impact on performance while expanding your SEO expertise in an eCommerce environment excite you? Balsam Brands is looking for a talented, driven individual to join our team as the SEO Analyst.
As SEO Analyst, you will be an integral member of the broader Organic Marketing Team, represented in the US and Philippines. You will help ensure we have a healthy presence online and drive qualified traffic to our webstores by focusing on various SEO strategies.
You are a data geek like the rest of us, with a hard-working and positive attitude. You have the ability and are enthusiastic to coordinate projects, work independently, think critically, and get your hands dirty when needed (and that will be often!). The SEO Analyst will report to our SEO Manager.
Responsibilities (a day in the life of):
- Maintain and optimize monitoring tools and trackers to ensure we are accurately tracking and effectively assessing our website properties. This includes ensuring the integrity of the data and translating that information into reportable formats.
- Maintain and update our SEO site related data (metadata). This requires cross-functional collaboration to establish and maintain efficient processes, thereby ensuring the data is up-to-date and appropriately optimized.
- Analyze and present the SEO performance of our website properties as needed.
- Take full ownership of various initiatives, which will require strong project management skills.
- Serve as an SEO thought partner for everything from strategy to implementation.
- Regularly communicate status of initiatives to SEO Management team.
- Execute SEO campaigns from start to finish. Sometimes this will require you to coordinate with other team members, in other instances you will be flying solo.
- Collaborate with agency partners to implement content marketing initiatives. This typically requires driving our team’s deliverables, coordinating product delivery, gaining input from the eCommerce team, and generally being the point person to ensure initiatives are executed as effectively as possible.
How you can add extra value and shine!
- Drive and execute projects such as site audits, keyword research and other SEO specific initiatives.
- Assist in the task coordination of a remote team to ensure that all SEO responsibilities are taken care of and that output is of the highest quality.
- Development and documentation of new processes.
Skills Required (the serious stuff):
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Entry-Level applicants welcome
- A strong interest in SEO, Search Engines and data-driven decision making.
- Able to find a needle in a haystack or an incorrect meta-tag from a list of 1000 (i.e. attention to detail).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (not puzzles, but real world challenges, like how to pivot in the middle of a project and reprioritize when the factors change).
- Self-motivated, and able to juggle lots of moving parts in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn quickly and adjust. We all make mistakes, but we must learn from them.
- Accountability and willingness to take ownership of individual and team responsibilities is what will set you apart.
- High standards, for yourself as well as others. If you have the natural inclination to never be satisfied with ‘average’ or can’t leave things half-finished, then you may be the right person.
- Desire to work hard and have fun while doing so.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
- A solid understanding of HTML
- A steady supply of humor
- Ability to bake great muffins!
- A habit of triple checking your work before submitting (double checking is expected)
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID - In house position in our beautiful downtown office!
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of your transcript. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.