Software Engineer, Back-End
- Boise, ID, USA
At Balsam Brands, we love to reimagine eCommerce and retail, using technology as an enabler for our business. As Software Engineer, you will play an integral role in our core operations on a daily basis by maintaining this technology. You will provide back-end support for eCommerce projects and maintenance. You will make sure our systems and tools communicate properly, and support cross-functional teammates in optimizing these programs. Our ideal candidate enjoys diving in to technical analysis, working with development partners, and is eager to learn the ins and outs of our current development process.
As the Software Engineer, you will develop and maintain Hybris back-end code and extensions, create unit tests, do code reviews, and provide innovative solutions for pending bugs and issues within the system. You will work closely with the front-end team to support and extend data models and APIs. Finally, you will co-develop with our software development partners.
The Software Engineer will report to our Senior Manager of eCommerce Web Development.
What you’ll do:
- Write reliable and stable back-end codes with unit testing and code review
- Provide technical analysis on platform enhancements and customizations
- Collaborate with development partners and cross-functional teams to build processes and improve development efficiency
- Investigate and resolve issues that arise within our system
- Provide scope and estimation on projects and tasks
- Innovate to improve application performance and platform reliability
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of software development experience
- 2 years of experience in JAVA and Spring Framework
- Experience with SAP Hybris platform development preferred
- Knowledge of JSP, JSTL, MYSQL, SAP, Agile/Scrum, GIT, JIRA
- Familiarity with ASP, JavaScrip, AngularJS
- Experience with eCommerce platform integration
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic team player
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to take ownership
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, continuous integration & deployment, and preference for agile methods
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.