Software QA Engineer - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Software QA Engineer who will be responsible for doing functional testing and software automation. Our ideal candidate must be a hardworking and trustworthy individual with a keen attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and proactive communication practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Testing of adaptive (desktop/tablet and mobile) e-Commerce sites on Hybris using SOLR for search and attribute-based filtering, plus all 3rd party integrations (payment gateway, tax, tag management, etc.)
- Maintaining and extending automated QA solutions to provide more coverage and help scale our organization.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on written specifications or mocks and prototypes.
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating testing activities with developers and project stakeholders.
- Creating clearly written bugs including screenshots, videos, live site replication, cross-platform, browser, device information to enable quick duplication and resolution to issues.
- Creating a recording or user documentation of any functionalities for business user as needed.
- Performing thorough regression tests, white box & black box testing of the new and existing functionalities.
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaising with internal teams (e.g. Developers and Product Managers) to identify system requirements.
- Monitoring debugging process and analysing performance testing results.
- Performing deployment to stage and production on Volusion projects.
- Investigating the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with the new testing tools and test strategies.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Software QA Engineer, or SDET role.
- Experience in Selenium or any automation framework.
- Experience writing test plans, test automation, and test cases.
- Knowledge of software QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies.
- Experience working closely with Development and Business teams.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Must have high proficiency of the English language. Excellent written English is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Software QA Engineer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.