Sr. SEO Analyst - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, ph
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Sr. SEO Analyst who will be responsible in assisting in the planning and implementation of the overall SEO strategy for a small portfolio of sites and provide support for all SEO initiatives. Our ideal candidate must be a hardworking and trustworthy individual with project management skills, keen attention to detail, strong analytical skills, excellent time management skills and proactive communication practices.
What you'll be doing:
- Assume partial ownership of discrete work streams within the SEO function.
- Lead various SEO projects and campaigns to improve both on-site and off-site SEO.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of on-going campaigns and initiatives (integration of Social Media and Content related activities).
- Help develop team members’ skills and expertise as it relates to the function.
- Constantly review and make improvements to current processes.
- Take the lead in managing functionally specific tools and technologies (configuration, reporting and maintenance).
- Serve as a lead in the analysis and reporting of site performance (traffic and page performance).
- Regularly communicate project and team progress to Philippines-based SEO Lead and US-based SEO Manager.
- Provide leadership to the maintenance of technical SEO content (meta data and other code related optimization).
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years SEO experience.
- Advanced knowledge of search engine optimization and/or online marketing.
- Skilled with keyword research, on-page and off-page SEO best practices.
- Highly experienced with Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, in particular strong Excel skills.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to learn different software platforms.
- Must have very high quality American English writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize daily work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- Able to accept feedback and willing to receive training.
- A fun, hardworking, team-oriented, can-do attitude!
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications).
Nice To Have:
- Basic understanding/familiarity of HTML.
- Managed a team of SEO Analysts.
- Have read “The Art of SEO.”
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 bit or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Sr. SEO Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.