People Initiatives Process & Compliance Manager
- Boise, ID, USA
As People Initiatives Process & Compliance Manager, you will be an essential hub for our growing Balsam Brands team. Taking a front line in driving our unique culture, you will get to work closely with our EVP of People, your immediate teammates, and cross-functionally to solve complex People Initiatives challenges and find creative, data-driven solutions that put our people first.
Internally, you will have the opportunity to create and champion scalable norms and processes. You will proactively keep your employment law expertise up-to-date, understanding, interpreting, and applying federal, state, and local law to our norms, while assuring that we are organized, well-documented, and compliant. You will also serve as a point person and vital internal resource to Balsam Brands teammates for People Initiatives escalations.
You will get to work closely with our external HR partners (HRIS, benefits, 401K, etc.). You will connect the team and support teammate relationships with our partners, overseeing the evolution and sophistication of these relationships as we grow and evolve. And as needed, you will run the RFP for the selection of new partners to determine which programs we should bring in-house.
In short, you are passionate about people, about employee relations, about improving systems, and are ready to dig deep, find the data, and get analytical to move Balsam Brands People Initiatives to the next level!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute People Initiative norms and processes that will scale with growth while allowing us to retain and evolve our culture
- Serve as internal point of contact for team member inquiries related to compensation, benefits, taxes, PTO, leave of absence, etc.
- Serve as key liaison for external HR partners & processes: drive evolution and improvement of HRIS through roll-out of additional capabilities and enhanced data reporting and analytics; oversee benefits administration, including annual benefits selection and roll-out
- Manage Fidelity 401K program, including team member notices, plan changes and annual testing and reporting
- Maintain human resource information system (HRIS) to oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law, local governing bodies, or departments within Balsam Brands; keep records of personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and maintain company organization charts and internal directory
- Understand, interpret and appropriately apply employment regulations at the federal, state and local level, implementing updates to maintain compliant norms
- Keep current with government/regulatory reports and programs such as affirmative action and EEO reporting, immigration policies and other employment law best practices in the industry
- To ensure internal awareness and compliance, coach managers and team members in the interpretation and application of People Initiatives norms
- Cross-functional partnerships: be the liaison between People Initiatives, Legal, Finance and IT Teams to form trusted internal relationships
- Perform additional People Initiatives responsibilities as needed, such as: employment verification and eligibility and immigration case management
- Lastly, and most importantly, help us continue to make Balsam Brands a place where team members love their jobs!
You’ll be successful if:
- You have superb communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have strong people partnership skills, both internally cross-functionally and externally
- Optimism, energy, and a positive work style are in your top attributes
- Organization is something you crave
- Developing process documentation interests you
- You enjoy and have proven capability to coach managers on various HR functional areas
- Change and improvement is exciting to you!
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7 + years of experience in HR operations, administration or compliance role
- Expertise with HRIS, and a love of working with data
- Strong analytical skills; experience using and presenting data to make decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and personal information
- Experience managing HR projects of significant size/scope
- Ability to assess, diagnose, plan and execute while proactively involving the appropriate parties
- Ability to recognize trends within the company and design systematic, goal-oriented HR initiatives
- Experience with HR regulations and/or compliance standards; excellent knowledge of US employment law and their impact on HR matters, specifically CA and ID
- Experience collaborating with remote global teams is a plus!
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
About Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.