Strategic Sourcing Analyst
- 700 Jefferson Ave, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
As Strategic Sourcing Analyst, you will work at the heart of our business, impacting the core products featured by our flagship brand, Balsam Hill. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, and doesn’t shy away from the chance to jump on a plane to meet with offshore partners, or roll up their sleeves to work with product samples.
You will help manage the product life cycle with our Sourcing Manager, CEO, and cross-functional teammates. You will work on New Product Introductions (NPI), manage samples for product development, and will be an active participant in both internal decision making and external vendor meetings. You will learn the ropes of sourcing for a growing and dynamic global eCommerce company in this role, which can serve as your first step in a fulfilling career in sourcing.
The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will report to the Sourcing Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and source new products (primarily Christmas trees) for portfolio brands
- Prepare and maintain documentation around seasonal assortments, product details, target costs, retail prices, and estimated margins
- Coordinate with vendors to provide quantity requirements and lead time estimates to Inventory Planning
- Own NPI documents, ensuring all data is accurate before handing off to cross-functional teams like customer service, operations, and site managers
- Assist with the order warranty process
- Assist with Product Development Specifications in collaboration with production engineers
- Develop comprehensive expertise in tree assortment, covering SKUs and programs both in the market and in development
- Coordinate product sample reviews and price quote reviews
- Travel to China once or twice a year to learn about product development
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree; entry-level applicants welcome
- A sharp eye for detail
- Experience using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to learn, and accept additional responsibilities and assist with others as needed
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, resume and transcript. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.