- 700 Jefferson Ave, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
As Brand Copywriter, you will work closely with art directors, designers, photographers and videographers to create brand appropriate, customer friendly copy for a wide variety of collateral. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the strategy and voice for multiple online brands. You will get to work cross-functionally with our dynamic content teams in Boise, ID and the Philippines, as well as with our marketing localization team in Ireland!
The right candidate is passionate about brand building. We’re looking for a creative thinker, expert editor, motivated team player, and multi-tasker to join our team of talented, driven individuals in an entrepreneurial environment. Previous creative work in advertising, either in-house or agency is preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our Creative Director, as well as other members of the Creative Team, to help shape the brand voice
- Collaborate with other team members to build brand campaigns and key product initiatives
- Concept and develop brand copy for a variety of channels including catalog, websites, digital and print advertising, TV, online promotions, retail and email
- Help monitor industry trends to keep the brand creative, innovative, and competitive
- Mentor the Content Team in writing, editing, and proofreading product descriptions, social media posts and email
- Evolve our brand voice in a thoughtful, strategic way
- Develop brand guidelines and ensure a consistent and unique tone of voice for multiple brands
- Partner with cross-functional teams to meet brand and business goals
- Assist our Creative Director with special projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or Advertising preferred
- 5 - 10 years’ experience writing and editing copy for the web; experience in eCommerce copywriting for a strong retail brand highly preferred
- Prior experience in helping shape and guide brand voice(s), both strategically and tactically
- Self-starter with demonstrated history of teamwork and strong communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple high priority, disparate tasks and meet deadlines
- An appreciation for good design and a desire for excellence
- A creative mind and spirit
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and portfolio. Include your favorite restaurant in your cover letter!
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.