Jr. Social Media Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Social Media Analyst (SMA) who will be responsible for contributing towards the social media efforts across multiple e-Commerce brands. He/She must be a hard-working and trustworthy individual with a high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail, high standard of organization, good time management skills, and proactive communication.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitoring and Engagement
- Generating creative and highly shareable digital content for different brand voices across various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.
- Creating social media plans and calendars, editing posts from colleagues to ensure consistent direction and optimization of content for social media.
- Curating brand-appropriate topics, trends, news and blog articles to be shared internally or to our social media communities.
- Collaborating across teams to plan and execute organic and paid social media marketing campaigns to grow social following, increase management on social platforms and drive revenue to website.
- Responding to positive feedback and any questions that may be posted on our social media profiles using the brand voice.
- Working with the reputation management and customer service teams to help resolve any customer issues when needed.
- Helping to brainstorm, create, execute and monitor social media campaigns and paid social media initiatives.
- Analysis and Reporting
- Collecting and analyzing data from social media platforms and Google Analytics.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 2 years of writing/editing experience for websites, marketing or online content.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (social, long-form, blog posts, etc.)
- A passion for writing and editing. You should be able to write and edit social media-friendly headlines and posts for engagement, and informative articles on a variety of subjects.
- Excellent command of the English language. A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communication is a plus.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, their use in a business setting and an understanding of content strategy.
- Ability to understand different brands (10+), learn best practices, etiquette, and “language” of different social media channels.
- Understands SEO or willingness to learn.
- Skilled and/or ability to learn different software platforms and CRM systems – Social Studio Radian 6, HootSuite, Volusion, Salesforce, etc.
- Proficient in Photoshop or online photo editing tools like Canva.
- Familiarity with giveaway and sweepstakes online applications like Gleam, Woobox, etc.
- Customer service oriented.
- Initiative and creative thinker.
- Good organization skills and has keen attention to detail.
- Trustworthiness and respect for confidential information.
- Willingness to work outside of business hours, and adopt a flexible work schedule.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 but or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile data or broadband stick) with a minimum speed of 2MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Social Media Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.