Global Manager of People & Culture
- 718 W Idaho St, Boise, ID 83702, USA
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented leader to join our growing team. As Global Manager of People & Culture, you will play a critical role championing Balsam Brands team members around the globe. In addition to being a go-to for employee relations in Boise, you will serve as the Chief People Connector across our geographies. Connections will be built through a combination of in-person visits, video calls and written communication. Specifically, you will work closely with our home-based team of 75+ in Manila, Philippines, creating, supporting and operationalizing People initiatives. Critical to your success is a passion for collaboration and a deep respect for cross-country cultural differences. We are looking for someone who balances a structured approach with an action-oriented mindset, who is adventurous for a challenge, and who is eager to make an impact.
The People team is the steward of culture, talent and organizational effectiveness at Balsam Brands. Whether we are recruiting team members, developing talent, refining core programs, or curating culture through good old fashioned fun, we care passionately about our people. You will be based out of our Boise office, with functional peers in Redwood City and Manila. Our newest office in Dublin will also require your connective powers as it grows in the years ahead. The Global Manager of People & Culture report to the VP of People.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and shepherd the global roadmap for People initiatives; drive projects towards completion across all geographies. Provide oversight for prioritization and planning of roadmap items.
- Establish norms, bolster policies, and develop company programs that accurately reflect and support the Balsam Brands culture across geographic locations.
- Representative projects: revision of geography-specific onboarding processes, development of internal resource center, office-specific engagement metrics, RFP for HRIS system, offsite facilitation and leadership.
Cross Functional Project Management:
- Lead People projects across functions and geographies to implement initiatives, create processes, and develop and train team members. Over time this will include the opportunity to oversee the Administrative function (currently a team of 8).
- Sample project: Refinement of, training for and oversight of our Professional Development program, including Development Chats and Career Navigation.
Advocate and liaison for “Team Manila”:
- First and foremost, represent the voice of Team Manila during your day-to-day (so we can let them sleep!)
- Serve as liaison for US functional managers with Manila-based team members; communicate relevant Team Manila content and topics to relevant US team members and vice versa.
- Further the development and advancement of Team Manila-specific norms and practices.
- Management of Team Manila’s People Team
- Remote oversight of Manila-based People Team (currently a team of 4).
- Coordinate annual compensation changes and salary decisions.
- Provide oversight for local external HR partners, such as banking, government, payroll processing, etc.
- Serve as sounding board in the planning and execution of team member visits (to/from the Philippines), celebration events and reward trips.
- Serve as a Balsam Brands ambassador internally and with external partners.
- Serve as local “culture lead” for various initiatives; provide an on-the-ground presence for Boise employee relations.
What you bring to the table:
- Demonstrated success in managing People initiatives within a complex, global business environment and a history of strong partnership and collaboration across teams and organizational boundaries.
- 5+ years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree.
- Deep appreciation and sensitivity to cultural norms.
- Ability to influence globally, to manage large teams, and to motivate across and throughout the organization.
- High degree of business acumen; analyzes costs and workflows to optimize the team and business processes.
- Illustrated creativity and innovation in the development of policies and tools that support People Initiatives (such as performance management and compensation planning).
- Significant project management experience and impeccable organization. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work streams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strength in developing replicable processes and empowering others to carry them forward.
- Exhibited fluency working across functions, geographic regions and via a range of communication methods (email, phone, Skype, IM).
- People acumen: off the charts emotional intelligence; experience in conflict management and problem solving; history of mentoring and developing others.
- Excellent communications skills with drive, energy and a passion for development of people and the business. Amplifies culture while engaging and motivating the team.
- Enthusiasm to travel to the Philippines 2-4 times per year.
- Bonus: understanding of Filipino culture; proficiency with Tagalog.
About Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.