- Palmerston House Fenian Street, Dublin 2, Dublin, Ireland
Balsam Brands is looking for a talented individual to join our growing team! As Accountant, your principal role and responsibility is to drive the accounting function and day-to-day activities and processes for Balsam Brands’ non-US businesses. You will be responsible for the monthly financial statements, a steady volume of accounts payable and credit card transactions, banking and daily cash management, expense and revenue analysis, payroll tax and VAT compliance and general accounting assistance as needed as well as management of third party service providers.
Our ideal candidate is someone who loves teamwork, pays attention to the details, can tease-out important observations from large amounts of data, and maintains a balance between “being in the weeds” and “working at 30,000 feet.” S/he manages competing priorities with a positive attitude, thrives in a deadline-driven environment, and is both a creative leader and makes things happen in the trenches!
The Accountant will report to our General Manager.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the implementation and management of internal controls
- Entering bills into our accounting software and ensuring vendors are paid timely
- Issuing purchase orders for inventory procurement and working closely with vendors to ensure compliance with vendor partnership agreements and delivery timelines
- Oversee monthly, quarterly, and annual internal reporting activities
- Lead the annual financial close and reporting process, including the preparation of IFRS-based financial statements
- Communicate financial results and observations to Balsam Brands colleagues
- Liaise with external vendors and stakeholders, including banks, tax compliance and auditors, to comply with local laws and reporting deadlines
- Oversee tax compliance, including the filing of PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax reports and returns
- Management of the Audit Process with our external auditors
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- 2+ years of managing internal controls or related audits
- 2+ years of direct responsibility for financial statement preparation or related audits
- 2+ years of oversight for budgeting and forecasting activities
- Undergraduate degree in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of international reporting standards; knowledge of financial reporting consolidations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and accounting tools, especially MS Excel and QuickBooks
- Demonstrated ability to analyse large amounts of data, think critically, and draw insightful conclusions
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include your favorite food or restaurant!
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.