Vice President of eCommerce
- Redwood City, CA
Eleven years into our eCommerce retailing journey, Balsam Brands is looking for an experienced leader to join our dynamic, growing team. We have recently transitioned to a world-class eCommerce platform and are exceptionally well-positioned for expansion. We are looking for someone who embodies our company value of pursuing excellence and brings both a depth of experience and a vision of what is possible in our next decade of growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for growing revenue and profitability of our eCommerce sites and driving continued expansion. Beyond the business fundamentals, success will rest on the ability to lead, coach and inspire our existing high performing team. Also essential will be your ability to work cross-functionally to coordinate projects and business management across teams. We are a people-first company; we champion leaders who inspire team members to stretch themselves to deliver results beyond expectations. If you are a genius maker passionate about eCommerce, read on for the nitty gritty.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and drive the overall eCommerce strategy, partnering with teams across the organization to enhance the online customer experience, maximize site usability and performance, and manage the business profitably.
- Develop and execute against the roadmap, gathering input from key stakeholders and evaluating the scope and potential impact of each project.
- Leverage your experience, industry best practices and supporting technologies to develop an exceptional ecommerce experience for customers.
- Identify opportunities and/or oversee teams that execute against new growth vehicles and strategies to meet revenue and profit expectations, including expansion to new geographies and product offerings, merchandising and branding enhancements.
- Identify and recommend emerging trends and advancements in web technologies in order to drive ROI positive new business opportunities (i.e., gifting, reviews, etc.).
- Develop and coach Site Management team, running key processes including new product introductions, site merchandising, cross-functional site reviews, and pricing and gross margin management; ensure pricing and promotional strategies are optimized to meet company goals.
- Develop and coach User Experience team, including user research/testing and UX design.
- Drive robust processes to optimize the experience on existing sites to improve conversion and increase basket size and repeat purchases. Identify and prioritize potential improvements, oversee projects to develop new page designs or customer experiences, and identify needed A/B tests.
- Collaborate with the Technology team to run effective Agile development cycles and plan resources across teams to meet website goals; groom backlog to prioritize features and review key user stories and final features.
- Collaborate with the technology team to maintain and enhance eCommerce systems, including SAP hybris, Volusion, Riversand PIM, Widen DAM, Akamai CDN, Adobe Test & Target, and others; ensure websites meet key performance metrics from a user-facing perspective through performance and load-testing.
- Identify new tools needed to meet business needs. Lead or contribute to RFP processes to select new tools and vendors; lead negotiations and manage partner relationships as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience leading improvements to eCommerce websites, ideally B2C consumer-facing and high-growth businesses; home décor industry experience is a plus.
- Track record of building eCommerce businesses and establishing processes, implementing tools and executing successfully.
- Strong understanding of the eCommerce landscape, including general eCommerce architecture, processes, and systems.
- 7+ years of experience managing and developing high-performing teams; doing so across geographies is a plus.
- Exceptional people management skills, including interviewing, career coaching, personal development and workload prioritization.
- Strong partnership skills; ability to collaborate effectively with technology and design partners to achieve shared eCommerce goals.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and allocate resources to focus on critical tasks that drive customer engagement and profit.
- Experience managing product pricing, promotions, and gross margin across a portfolio of products; experience working with merchant teams to bring products to market a plus.
- Experience using business analytics and web analytics to drive data-based decisions; experience with A/B testing.
- Experience managing Product Management and User Experience (UX) teams a plus.
- Experience with contract negotiation and partner management, including across geographies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptability, enthusiasm and an ownership mentality.
- Inquisitive and analytical nature; passion for creative problem solving.
- Optimism, energy, and a positive work style!
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
About Balsam Brands
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.