Copywriter - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for Copywriters who will communicate daily with our US-based team and play a key role in the development of our projects. They will be responsible for writing content for our e-Commerce websites.
What you'll be doing:
- Write effective and compelling product descriptions according to the company’s style guide.
- Write SEO-optimized articles, blog posts, and other marketing materials.
- Plan and implement blog calendars and campaign projects.
- Work closely with brand ambassadors.
- Provide support for cross-functional teams (Social Media, Reputation Management, SEO, etc.)
What you bring to the table:
- High level of English reading and writing skills. A bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or Communications is a plus.
- Must have a passion for writing - you should be able to write engaging and informative articles on a variety of subjects.
- Understand basic SEO practices, such as link development and keyword research and analysis.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, basic Excel applications and PowerPoint, and comfortable performing online research as required.
- Excellent team player and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have a fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in content writing, copywriting, or blogging is an advantage.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Copywriter is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.