Manager of Learning and Development
- Redwood City, CA
We are a fun, passionate group of people building an extraordinary company. Our challenge: we want to get better at what we do. This growth mindset is part of our DNA and is essential to our long-term success. Your job is to help us get there.
We are looking for someone equally passionate and growth-oriented – both about their own learning and that of others. You’ll thrive in this role if you love bringing ideas to life, flourish in fast-growing company environments, and want to make an impact right away.
As Balsam Brands’ Manager of Learning and Development, you will build upon existing learning and development initiatives while developing long-term strategies and solutions that support our business needs. You will build internal competencies and drive individual, team, and career growth across the company. You will be the learning and development “go-to” across our global geographies, with responsibility for driving programs on the ground in Redwood City, CA and Boise, ID.
This position reports to the VP of People & Strategic Projects.
What you'll do:
- Assess learning and development needs across all tenures and experience levels on an annual basis
- Map required skills, including both function-specific and developmental, against existing competencies, identifying gaps and prioritizing resulting programs
- Execute against this needs assessment by setting objectives, creating learning paths and measuring impact
- Lead the design, development and delivery of core development programs using a variety of mediums
- Implement learning and development initiatives in concert with internal partners and external vendors
- Internally: Plan, organize and facilitate team member learning and development events; work with cross-functional colleagues to coordinate function-specific training
- Externally: Select and assess external vendors; manage and partner with them to facilitate development and delivery
- Identify, train and coach managers and others involved in team member development
- Prepare, maintain and update training processes and norms
- Design measurement tools to evaluate program impact
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience in corporate learning and development, people program management or an equivalent function
- Expert planning and implementation skills, with proven success in learning and development
- Experience working within a rapid and complex changing work environment
- Comfort working autonomously as well as closely collaborating with others
- Coaching, influencing, problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Strong knowledge and experience in team dynamics, career development, leadership development
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and passion for learning
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Gifted presenter and group facilitator; comfortable in excel and in presentation tools such as PowerPoint
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.