- Boise, ID
As Accounting Clerk, you will have the opportunity to work with and learn from our talented Accounting Team! We are looking for a talented, fun, self-starter who is detail-oriented and ready to help out as needed. You will primarily be responsible for assisting the team with general accounting tasks such as data entry and analysis, while also getting the opportunity to use your creativity to help improve established processes. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, resourceful and confident with outstanding organizational skills.
The Accounting Clerk will report to the Controller.
What you’ll do:
- Enter bills into QuickBooks
- Communicate verbally and electronically with third-party vendors to address billing questions and open items
- File invoices, receipts, and other supporting documentation (both manual and electronic filing)
- Prepare payables for the routine check disbursement process
- Pull reports from our e-commerce software and reconcile sales and other financial accounts
- Prepare sales tax reports
- Review and process expense reimbursements and reconcile credit card statement/activity
- Assist with other projects as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience or demonstrated ability to excel in an accounting role (i.e. graduate with an accounting degree)
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and bookkeeping
- Basic experience using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience using QuickBooks preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to follow procedures and keep records
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Willingness to take initiative, accept additional responsibilities and assist others as needed
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit a cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.