Photography Production Coordinator
- Redwood City, CA
Balsam Brands is looking for a proactive Photography Production Coordinator to join our growing eCommerce company. This position will be an integral role as we continue to cultivate and expand our product assortment. As Photography Production Coordinator, you will be responsible for planning photoshoots, including creating shot lists, booking venues, and ordering product. You’ll get to attend the shoots, working alongside the photographer to set up each shot and keep the process running efficiently. You will also act as the hub for all still media assets, organizing, uploading, and distributing photos as needed to cross-functional teams for use.
What you’ll do:
Ensure the highest-quality product photography on all of our eCommerce websites by:
- Managing photo shoots on location, traveling as necessary to attend
- Acting as camera tech and equipment manager during photo shoots, helping the photographer by tagging photos, swapping memory cards, moving lights, setting up and prepping product, and other duties as requested
- Managing pre-production of product photography, including booking locations and talent, creating shot lists, ordering product, and gathering essential props
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to understand their photo needs & distribute final assets
- Updating product photos over time to reflect new customer expectations and modern web standards
- Working closely with the video, marketing, and site management teams to ensure a cohesive brand message and customer experience
- Making minor photo edits, such as color correcting or cropping
What you bring to the table:
- 2-4 years of photography or production experience; experience photographing products or events a bonus
- Must be experienced with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills to work with a variety of people from creatives to outside vendors and production teams
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with outside vendors
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience with lifestyle/in-environment product photography desired
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Redwood City, CA
Notes: This is a contract position, with potential to hire.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant or food.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.