Technical Program Manager
- Boise, ID
As Technical Program Manager, you will be an integral part of our dynamic Operations Team, overseeing software development processes, the maintenance and enhancements of existing software products, and custom development of Balsam Brands software products. In this hands-on technical role, you’ll work closely with our external software development partners and cross-functionally with the Operations, eCommerce, Finance, and Marketing teams to create new software functionality and enhancements.
You are an expert software engineer and technology guru who takes ownership in supporting the backend of our eCommerce operations, which includes the Enterprise Service Bus and custom inventory software tool. You love solving problems efficiently through code, enjoy teamwork, and identify yourself as a mentor and leader who can work happily in the trenches!
The Technical Program Manager will report to our VP of Operations, Supply Chain and Emerging Markets.
What you’ll do:
- Execute a technical roadmap and build strong technical processes, ensuring that key milestones are properly set and achieved
- Be responsible for software development lifecycle and project management for technology projects from initial design through execution and on-going maintenance
- Work alongside, supervise, and mentor software developers who support the backend systems of our eCommerce store; creating, modeling, and maintaining coding standards and code quality practices
- Spend a 70/30 split of your time between management/project management and hands-on software development
- Build relationships and manage the development projects of our 3rd party software development partners
- Form strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional partners; serve as the executive escalation point for backend development needs
- Evaluate the end-to-end risks in our eCommerce technology and identifying opportunities to reduce exposure
What you bring to the table:
- At least 10 years of experience as a software developer and architect
- At least 3 years of experience leading a team of developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
- Strong problem solving skills: adaptable, enthusiastic, and willing to take ownership
- High standards for documentation, unit testing, code reviews, and continuous integration & deployment within Lean/Agile methods
- Familiarity with: Java, MVC, JIRA, GIT, JQuery, OO-Programming, Agile, Scrum
- Pluses: experience as a Full-stack Software Engineer, experience as a Software Architect
- Experience with eCommerce platform integrations (e.g., SAP) and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive, analytical and creative problem solver
Nice to have:
- Strong ability to communicate technical concepts to business people
- Ability to translate business goals into technical roadmaps
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to reimagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.