Marketing Localisation Strategist, eCommerce
- Dublin, Ireland
As eCommerce Marketing Localisation Strategist, you'll be the primary person responsible for improving and optimising Balsam Brands’ localisation and translation processes for both our websites, as well as online and offline marketing channels. You will play a key role in translating our Balsam Hill brand voice, including tone, into one that is culturally appropriate in the local market. You will get the opportunity to collaborate with key stakeholders on the eCommerce, marketing, creative and product development teams to build a cost-efficient localisation strategy that delivers timely and high-quality localised content.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a creative and strategic thinker who works well independently and is self-motivated. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about our customers, and has a strong desire to dig into market research, keeping up-to-date with local trends and seasonal traditions.
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain company’s localisation processes for online non-English content generation
- Manage day-to-day activities for multiple external partners to deliver high quality translations in timely manner
- Lead translation and quality assurance efforts to ensure high quality non-English content for website and online marketing needs
- Develop country-specific website marketing communication strategies to appeal to local shoppers
- Collaborate with SEO, SEM, Catalogue, TV, Email Marketing and Social Media teams to localise marketing initiatives
- Support foundational consumer and market research projects
- Provide input to Merchandising team to develop products that meet country specific customer needs
- Travel to support activities estimated at 10-15%, both within and outside Europe
- Other responsibilities, as needed
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Language, Advertising, Business, or related field
- MBA, Marketing or relevant Master’s degree is a plus
- 3+ years of related content generation and/or localisation experience for an eCommerce B2C company
- 3+ years of related localisation experience in a marketing role, consumer packaged goods (CPG) or retail
- 2+ years of vendor management experience
- Experience working with content and product information management systems (CMS & PIM) is a plus
- Experience in website management or online marketing is a plus
- Experience engaging with teams cross-functionally and across geographies
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Bilingual in English and German and/or French required; tri-lingual is a strong plus
- Experience in Home Décor industry is helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. We love to re-imagine eCommerce and retail in ways that thrill our customers, and to leave a lasting impact on the world around us. We have fast-growing teams in the Bay Area, Boise, Manila, and Dublin.
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
- Balsam Brands in Forbes: http://bit.ly/balsamforbes
- Balsam Brands on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/balsambrands
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter your favorite restaurant or type of food.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.