Human Resource Associate - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Human Resource Associate who will be responsible for helping elevate the over-all employee experience by making sure that the full suite of Human Resources tasks are handled in a timely and outstanding manner. He/She must be a hard-working and trustworthy individual with a high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail, high standard of organization, excellent time management skills and proactive communication. He/She should exhibit the ability to ensure the confidentiality and security of all employee/company files and information.
What you'll be doing:
- RECRUITMENT & STAFFING
- Reviews various hiring documents.
- Assists in activating job ads and administration of various job posting sites.
- Assists in sourcing of candidates and screening applications.
- Provides schedules and administers assessments to candidates.
- Conducts initial interviews and administers assessments to candidates.
- Provides interview schedules to Manila-based and US-based teams.
- HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
- Provides general administrative support.
- Prepares source documentation needed for new hires (statutories, on-boarding, etc.)
- Maintains and updates employee and company records regularly
- Manages and ensures the confidentiality and security of all company information and files.
- Responds to various HR-related queries from managers and employees, and from our US-based management team.
- Assists with the day-to-day efficient operation of HR Team.
- EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- Assists in research and coordination with partners and vendors for employee engagement initiatives (Team Events, Employee Programs, etc.)
- Assists in driving employee engagement initiatives (coordinates with team members re: schedules, reminders, etc.)
- Generation of reports related to HR, including but not limited to payroll, recruitment analysis, expense reports, etc.
- Performs ad hoc tasks related to the responsibilities above.
What you bring to the table:
- Graduate of any 4-year course.
- One (1) year HR background is a plus.
- Must have high level of organizational skills and accuracy.
- Capability in handling multiple high-priority projects and tasks.
- Ability to work alone and with a team.
- Must be helpful, approachable and team oriented.
- Ability to build a strong working relationship with the HR Team and the rest of the Team Manila members.
- Must be accountable and take initiatives. He/She takes ownership of his/her work, does what is needed without being asked, or without the need for follow up.
- Displays a learner’s attitude and very trainable (asks questions, gives feedback, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Communicates proactively.
- Possesses strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skill with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Independently identifies and resolves problems that arise but escalates when needed.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Comfortable in using applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to digest and present information in various formats (charts, forms, graphs, tables and spreadsheets)
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPs actual not subscribed.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Human Resource Associate is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.