Website Operations Supervisor - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Website Operations Supervisor who will be responsible in coordinating the work of the Website Operations Team. He/She will update the content and images on our e-Commerce websites and maintain the company’s product information in a database.
He/She must be an excellent communicator who can explain processes, software tools, and projects to team members. He/She must have a customer-oriented mindset, considering how work will impact the customer and prioritizing accordingly. He/She must be hard-working, organized and a reliable leader who fosters team spirit and enjoys coaching team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Assists the U.S.-based site management team in delegating work to Web Operations team members. A successful Supervisor will ensure that team members are assigned work that suits their individual strengths, but that also allows them to continue to develop in their roles.
- Continually balances the overall work of the team across team members and re-assign tasks as needed.
- Helps team members prioritize their to-do lists based on business and customer needs.
- Actively informs the U.S.-based site management team about the status of projects, priorities, and team members’ workloads.
- Sets the agenda for, run, and send out minutes for weekly team meetings. Organize and plan the agenda for monthly in-person team meetings in the greater Manila area.
- Become an expert in the ongoing work of the team and train team members on new processes and tools.
- Develops and rolls out processes that make team’s work easier and more efficient. Document team processes and create “how to” guides for common or ongoing tasks.
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of experience coordinating the work of a small team. Ability to foster team spirit, motivate a team, and coach team members.
- Experience using enterprise software tools and/or web applications to perform tasks and maintain data. Willingness to figure out how to use new tools and enthusiasm for training others.
- Intermediate+ Excel skills. Should be able to identify and use helpful formulas for standard business tasks involving moving, combining, and manipulating data.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Website Operations Supervisor is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.