Content Editor - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for Content Editors who will communicate daily with our US-based team and play a key role in maintaining the quality of the written content on our e-Commerce websites. They will be responsible for editing and providing feedback on the work of the writing team.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee a team of writers to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Edit product descriptions, articles, blog posts, and marketing materials according to the company's style guide, SEO keywords, and other parameters.
- Enforce company writing standards for writers. Provide regular feedback to ensure standards are met.
- Implement specialized assignments under the supervision of functional leads and the Content Manager.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 2 years of editing experience for a print or online production.
- Experience in a variety of writing formats (social, long-form, blog posts, etc.)
- A passion for writing and editing. You should be able to write and edit engaging and informative articles on a variety of subjects. Note that you may be required to occasionally write articles or blog posts.
- Excellent command of the English language. A bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Communication is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Understand basic SEO practices, such as link development and keyword research and analysis.
- Proficient in MS Word and Wordpress, basic Excel applications and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPs (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in e-Commerce copywriting/editing is an advantage.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Content Editor is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.