Digital Analyst - Manila, PH
- Manila, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Digital Analyst who will be responsible for the maintenance and day to day operations of our analytics tools, for supporting deep-dives with specific online marketing requests, and development of new insightful reports. He/She must have a strong eye for detail, prior experience with Google Analytics and must be proficient in MS Excel.
He/She is someone who loves playing with data, considers Excel fun, and is quick to react when minor issues affect the process of data analysis. In addition to this, he/she will drill down in Google Analytics, find something noteworthy and add that to their list of things to analyze with enthusiasm.
He/She must have good English communication skills (written and verbal), should be comfortable engaging in frequent communication and providing the marketing teams with reports and insights, asking probing questions, receiving feedback, training, and learning new tools remotely. He/She is a key player in maintaining our analytics systems and processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Analyze website performance and support e-Commerce to make better business decisions and deliver the highest level of customer experience.
- Collect, interpret and analyze product sales data to find opportunities and help improve web merchandising and product assortment.
- Filter and “clean data using state-of-the-art methodology.
- Maintenance and improvement of various analytics systems and processes.
- Develop reports and presentations in a clear and actionable manner.
- Support other functions through ad hoc analysis.
- Expected to adapt, develop and expand skills as new and advanced solutions are introduced
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field. Quantitative backgrounds are highly preferred.
- At least 2 years of work experience on relevant role.
- Experience using Google Analytics and general understanding of e-Commerce.
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel – must be comfortable in building complex models and formulas; experience in Power BI is a plus.
- Knowledge in SQL and/or Regular Expression is a plus.
- Unrelenting attention to detain and deliver error-free work on a consistent basis.
- Curious and enjoy being creative in solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills - fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness to learn new tools quickly.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have a fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Digital Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.