Jr. Website Operations Analyst - Manila, PH
- Metro Manila, Manila, NCR, Philippines
Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success.
Balsam International is looking for a Jr. Website Operations Analyst who will be responsible in assisting in merchandising our e-Commerce websites by putting up new images and content using a content management system. He/She will help input and maintain product information in a database and will review product photos and reviews submitted by customers, bloggers, and PR partners to determine if they should be featured on site.
He/She will also do quality assurance, making sure that the information on the websites is accurate and that updates are successful. He/She must be enthusiastic about learning new software tools and web applications. He/She must also be excited about making sure everything on site is correct, even down to the small details, in order to support a great customer experience. He/She must be extremely reliable, organized, and hard-working.
What you'll be doing:
- Updating website content (images and text) using a content management system. HTML knowledge is NOT needed.
- Checking website content to ensure that changes to the site are completed successfully and that information is accurate.
- Filling out and maintaining product information in a database.
- Merchandising websites to appeal to customers, including selecting and posting attractive product photos submitted by customers or bloggers and selecting and posting positive reviews submitted by customers.
- Creating coupon codes for use by customers.
What you bring to the table:
- A bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of work experience in a business environment.
- Willingness to learn to use enterprise software tools and web applications to perform tasks and maintain data. Experience using tools such as a Content Management System (CMS) or Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) is a plus.
- Intermediate Excel skills. Should be able to identify and use helpful formulas for standard business tasks involving moving, combining, and manipulating data.
- Detail-oriented with interest in performing quality assurance (QA) to ensure that site changes are made correctly.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Organized, independent worker who maintains a positive attitude.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Needs to have a fast, reliable internet connection with a minimum connection speed of 2MBPS (actual not subscribed)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite and Rizal areas only.
- Must be willing to join in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
- OS: Windows 7 – 64 but or better
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile data or broadband stick) with a minimum speed of 2MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Website Operations Analyst is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for team outings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 2 MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.