Email Marketing Strategist
- Boise, ID
Are you obsessed with the granular details behind HTML? Do you enjoy investigating new, out-of-the box ways to make emails more engaging? Do you enjoy setting up A/B tests, reviewing results, and taking initiative to make campaigns better with the knowledge gained? Are you passionate about making the Balsam Brands customer experience best in class within the marketplace? If so then you should join our dynamic, growing team at Balsam Brands as an Email Marketing Strategist.
As an Email Marketing Strategist you will be reporting to the Email Marketing Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of our email marketing campaigns. You will be accountable for building out deployments, setting up and managing automated workflows, A/B testing, building predictive segmentation models, scheduling emails and managing vendors. We will expect for you to build your technical skills as a part of a broader effort to use data to better understand and speak to our customers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with various departments to work on cross-functional projects and present learnings to team members.
What You’ll Do
- Own the development, setup, testing, and deployment of blast and blast, automated, transactional and triggered email deployments both domestically and internationally
- Producing HTML email templates both static and responsive designs, using best practices to ensure proper rendering and delivery across multiple email clients, ISPs and devices
- Develop rule based logic and email templates that integrate personalized dynamic content elements
- Effectively QA all emails prior to deployment across all clients and debugging if necessary
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Support cross-channel marketing campaigns and ecommerce revenue goals
- Identify weaknesses and gaps in current processes and help develop solutions
- Participate in email campaign planning and strategy
- Help identify, test, and report on new email design, content, and delivery strategies
- Have a significant impact on email performance!
What You Bring to the Table
- Experience with email service platforms such as ExactTarget, Silverpop, or Bronto
- Knowledge of the current email client landscape is preferred
- Strong knowledge of email marketing design best practices and some Photoshop experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that bridge technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience interpreting data with tools such as Google Analytics and Excel a plus
- Comfortable in proposing process improvements based on past work experience
- Strong desire to learn, matched with the ability to apply new concepts quickly and effectively
- Ability to manage various requests from different teams, while meeting project deadlines and demonstrating a commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand Ecommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. We strive for excellence in everything we do and present a unique opportunity to those who are seeking to have a meaningful impact in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, our flagship brand, Balsam Hill is partnering with Macy’s to debut "Deck The Halls", a wondrous float bringing the magic of Christmas to life in the 90th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®!
Balsam Brands is honored to be the recipient of multiple awards:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company's outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Location: Boise, ID
Notes: This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits.
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter a dish that you would like to bring to one of our potlucks.
At Balsam Brands, we are dedicated to diversity in our dynamic and growing workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, citizenship, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.