- 5200 Randolph Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Badlands is the largest nature-inspired play space in the mid-Atlantic, offering a unique, interactive environment where families can grow together, and children can learn through playing, building, and taking risks. We are looking for passionate, creative, and energetic people that want to make a difference. Work here and help us build Badlands.
Working in our Programming and Curriculum Department, Educators will own and drive the offerings that make Badlands unique: Our focus on education, explorative play, hands-on activities, and helping children and families grow. This team works to ensure that our classes, our activities, our staff, and all of Badlands are providing delightful experiences to our guests. You must be collaborative, creative, and possess great communication skills. The best candidates will be excited to take ownership of the educational and interactive experiences that define our work and to inspire our team to create special moments every day. Your individual personality should shine through in order to thrill our guests and motivate our staff.
- Reinforce natural ways of learning; facilitate unstructured play and encourage children to use their imagination and take risks
- Develop and roll out new and revised curriculum ideas to promote interactive learning and offer a fun “wow” factor for children and families
- Facilitate and lead classes for children of all ages that reinforce Badlands principles and encourage self-discovery and interactive learning
- Train and mentor staff to ensure we are providing magic experiences
- Design and implement new group activities and classes to add new revenue streams
- Passionately promote Company values, including mindfulness and a desire to learn continuously
- Perform other job-related responsibilities, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in early or elementary education, or a related degree required
- 2+ years of experience in curriculum or children’s programming development
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing new curriculum ideas
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere
- Outstanding creativity and flexibility
- Expertise in leading classes and speaking to or performing for large groups
- Comfort working in a highly collaborative environment
- A commitment to helping children learn through exploration, invention, and trial and error
- Experience with the education sector or a firm focused on child development or care a plus
We are an EEOC employer.