PR & Marketing Manager
- 5200 Randolph Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Badlands is the largest nature-inspired play space in the mid-Atlantic, offering a unique, interactive environment where families can grow together, and children can learn through playing, building, and taking risks. We are looking for passionate, creative, and energetic people that want to make a difference. Work here and help us build Badlands.
Working collaboratively with the leadership team, the PR & Marketing Manager will be primarily responsible for the Badlands brand, PR, customer marketing, communications strategies. The Marketing & PR Manager will lead efforts through all stages of development, from strategic planning to tactical execution. You must be collaborative and possess great communication skills. The best candidates will be excited to step into a leadership position and take ownership of the brand and marketing presence in the community. You will play a major role in ensuring Badlands’ place in the community expands along with our new and returning customer base. Your individual personality should shine through in order to thrill our guests and motivate our staff.
- Actively market and promote Badlands news and project developments, including formal press release distribution
- Work with Badlands leadership to develop strategic marketing plans focused on growth and expansion
- Continually evaluate and optimize the marketing and public relations strategies along with Badlands leadership
- Proactively and creatively advance the Badlands brand through digital media, speaking opportunities, conference participation and other forms of advertising
- Help to create and market new revenue streams
- Identify, negotiate, and manage strategic partnerships and relationships that support current and future needs
- Manage and assist the team in maximizing new and existing customer acquisition and retention campaigns
- Ensure documents and marketing materials are current, accurate and properly reflect the brand and desired messaging
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, PR, or a related field
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated success in implementing media and advertising campaigns
- Experience in developing successful creative consumer campaigns
- Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands at one time
- Knowledge of marketing and public relation services
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Experience with a firm focused on child development a plus
- A commitment to helping children and youth learn through exploration, invention, and trial and error
Badlands LLC is an EEOC employer.