Play Space Instructor
- 5200 Randolph Rd, North Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Badlands is the largest nature-inspired play space in the mid-Atlantic, offering a unique, interactive environment where families can grow together, and children can learn through playing, building, and taking risks. We are looking for passionate, creative, and energetic people that want to make a difference. Work here and help us build Badlands.
As a member of our Instructor team you must be friendly, outgoing, and ready to provide delightful experiences to children as they explore Badlands. Great candidates will be excited to step into a fast-paced, dynamic position and work collaboratively with guests as they learn and grow together. You will play a major role in the success of our mission, as you will foster an educational, hands-on play experience. Your individual personality should shine through in order to thrill our guests and motivate our staff.
- Welcome guests and assist them with the check-in process
- Reinforce natural ways of learning; facilitate unstructured play and encouraging children to use their imagination and take risks.
- Act as a role model for children and inspiring them to be creative, thoughtful, and present
- Orient parents and children on the fundamentals of Badlands
- Assist with setup and execution for all special events, including parties and exhibits
- Assume the role of host and teaching-assistant and oversee event organization, play activities, and workshop projects as requested
- Passionately promote Company values, including mindfulness and a desire to learn continuously
- Ensure the safety and well-being of children in play spaces; maintain a clean, safe, and respectful environment
- Provide prompt and courteous service to all guests, encouraging repeat business
- Performing other job-related responsibilities, as requested
- Passion and excitement for working with children and families
- Strong communication, customer service, and teamwork skills
- Passionate about helping children learn and play
- Creative individual who is adaptable and able to quickly learn new skills
- Comfort working in a fast paced, high volume, and energetic environment
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, and some holidays
- Physical requirements include climbing, bending, stooping, crawling, crouching, carrying/lifting (up to 30 pounds), pushing/pulling, reaching, repetitive motions, sitting, standing, running, and walking.
Badlands LLC is an EEOC employer.