Senior Writer - Technical and Product
- Montreal, QC, Canada
B.Yond is a technology solutions provider, integrating community-sourced, software-driven innovations, to create more intelligent networks, from inception to execution. We are fearless liberators of network potential, agitating for the infinite network.
Curious, creative and ready to go B.Yond? We are seeking a gifted wordsmith with proven experience in technical writing, and who also has the adaptability to create compelling content in support of our product marketing and demand generation functions.
Location preferences: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Los Angeles. Remote work from other locations is also a possibility.
The primary responsibilities…
- Product documentation – User guides, installation guides, operational guides
- Release documentation – Release notes, maintenance bulletins, etc.
- RFI/RFP/RFQ responses
- Technical whitepapers (draft, edit and complete final review)
- Service Product fact sheets
- Sales & Business presentations (collateral, campaigns, emails)
- Website content
- Develop and maintain an in-house Technical Glossary and Editorial Style Guide
- Keep up-to-date with technology industry trends and abreast of competitors’ endeavors
- Conduct interviews with our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to form the basis of whitepapers
- Ensure our whitepapers and blogs are giving a unique viewpoint and adding value to the topic, not just adding to the noise
- Assist executive team and peers with smaller, ad hoc writing projects
- Taking new products/services and creating compelling stories that make a real impact
- Ability to adapt technical writing tone and voice based on the deliverable; for example: an in-depth whitepaper vs. a ‘listical’-style blog
What success looks like...
- Completing content and writing projects on schedule, with quality, all while contributing to our brand
What makes it rewarding...
- Enabling B.Yond to attain a goal of being globally recognized in the areas of artificial intelligence, machine learning & edge computing, as well as being synonymous with innovation
- Working with a creative, collaborative, and driven team
How people describe you…
- Great at understanding people and you have a genuine interest in getting to know others
- Always pushing forward, even when you don’t have all the answers
- An eye for detail, a knack for the creative, a skillful mastery of the English language and of course, a grammar pedant
- Someone who enjoys every day being different and thrives on writing challenges
The skills and experience that will help you succeed…
- 5+ years of experience with IT enterprise software products
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus
- Proficiency with technical writing best practices, web technologies, and the ability to learn new technologies rapidly
- Proven experience writing technical content focused on audiences with mixed levels of expertise from practitioner to executive-level as well as in various stages of buyers’ journey
- Experience in product and/or technical marketing, product management, solution consulting or sales engineering a plus
- Familiarity with IT Networking software and practices in the telecommunications industry
- Ability to obtain information through research, interviews, and experimentation
- Self-direction, flexibility, and an eagerness to learn
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.