Behavior Technician – Work with Children, Paid Training
- Aurora, Aurora, IL - Illinois, us
Monday-Friday, 4-7pm starting pay at $17.50
Saturdays starting pay at $18.50
- PAID individualized and hands-on the job training
- Paid RBT, CPI, and CPR courses
- Regular performance reviews and raises
- Brand new facilities, with a clean and safe work environment
- Open the door to other opportunities within BY YOUR SIDE; we're growing and expanding rapidly!
- Wellness and Charity Day provided for ALL staff
- Career Progression program, WE will invest in YOU
- Employee Recognition Program
We offer high-quality ABA services on a multidisciplinary team to children ages 2-21 years old in the center and in-home environments.
• Provide direct 1:1 or small group therapy to children and young adults with autism consistent with the treatment plan under the direction of the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
• Maintain targeted caseload hours of therapy per week.
• Maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA guidelines.
• Implement treatment plans across multiple domains, including communication, social behavior, learner readiness skills, self-care, replacement behavior, and behavior reduction as instructed by BCBA.
• Passionately motivate clients by adapting activities to their preferences.
• Calmly respond intentionally and in alignment with the client's Behavior Intervention Plan to challenging behavior.
• Assist with assessments, under the supervision of the BCBA, when they have assured proper training and administration of such assessment tools (i.e., VBMAPP, ABLLS).
• Assist with maintaining order and safety among the clients in the therapy environment.
• Assist other personnel with related tasks as may be required to support them in completing their work activities and for the enhancement of daily operations of the therapy center.
• Provide session coverage for clients (One Time Move) as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings and team meetings and collaborate with a team of multidisciplinary therapists to coordinate, communicate relevant information, and implement high-quality therapy.
• Participate in training provided to increase professional knowledge by attending in person, through video conferencing, and/or watching the recorded training.
• Completion of all assignments related to staff meetings and training (e.g., ABA meetings) by the due date, including make-up assignments.
• Completion of daily activities/routines within the center (i.e., opening/closing procedures, cleaning, organizing and creating session materials, assisting other therapists, etc.).
• Collect and maintain accurate records of client performance through data collection and insurance notes in an online data collection platform. Ensure billing for all appointments through online platform session conversion within a specified period.
• Implementation of treatment plans across multiple environments, including center, home, and community. Travel to the client's home and community required.
• Toilet training and diaper changing may be required.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Uphold and maintain BYS core principles, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Face mask required while working with clients and working in common staff areas
• Completion of health screenings, including temperature checks
• Social distancing guidelines and room capacities throughout all center areas
• Virtual meetings
• Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
• Bachelor's degree and/or enrolled in psychology, communication disorders, education or related field preferred.
• High interest and willingness to learn about, understand and work with children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
• Eagerness to learn about Applied Behavior Analysis and grow as a Behavior Technician.
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and infection control standards.
• Ability to communicate proactively, timely, effectively and professionally with a variety of stakeholder types (clients, parents, Operations Team members, Behavior Analysts, Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists).
• Proficiency in applications, games and web-based technology via an iPad and Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Uphold and maintain BYS core principles, policies and procedures.