- Breckland, Milton Keynes, UK
Over the course of 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK’s biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK’s only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following acquisition by bp in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and has moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in March 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it.
Reporting to the Head of Bids and Tendering, you will be employed within our Bid Management Office (BMO) to support the commercial sales team in responding to competitive tenders and in the creation of high-quality proposals that maximise the chance of winning sales opportunities.
This role is critical to the commercial sales team achieving is sales targets and objectives.
- Monitoring and assessing all portal-based sales opportunities against pre-defined sales qualification criteria, business knowledge and experience.
- Following initial tender document review you will work with the sales lead and engage proposal contributors and stakeholders and define, assign and manage work packages with key business stakeholders, as required by specific tender requirements.
- Organise and manage major bids and tenders through to completion.
- You will be responsible for completion of standard company data and questions using boiler plate responses, where this is appropriate.
- You will manage and co-ordinate the virtual bid team in completion of all proposal content to ensure the timely submission of tenders.
- You will assist in the maintenance and management of historic, existing and future tender documentation, and in the maintenance and ongoing improvement of bid library and boiler plate content.
- Adherence to the requirements of the Bid Process and bid governance.
- Participation in ongoing improvements to the Bid Process, Bid Library content and other aspects of the BMO.
It is expected that you will be self-motivated, driven and be able to develop positive working relationships with your colleagues and have the following attributes:
- Excellent organisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- A team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Competent IT skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in a Bid Management or Sales environment
- APMP Foundation certification
- Previous experience in Electric Vehicle Charging market
This position is primarily an office-based role with the flexibility to work from home, where appropriate.