EV Experience Centre Manager – 6 months contract
- Breckland, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, UK
Overthe last ten years, BP Chargemaster has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving.
We work with the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK’s biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK’s only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability.
Following the acquisition by BP in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and moving to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in March 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced internal account manager who has a passion for the development of the Electric Vehicle (EV) market, focusing on the OEM sector.
This is a perfect opportunity to join BP’s EV (Electric Vehicle) Experience Centre (EVEC) in Milton Keynes. The EVEC is one of a kind in helping build customer interest in the EV market. The centre is also used to promote some of our OEM partners’ EV models and forms part of a key strategic initiative to grow and strengthen the EV market. The candidate must have a passion for playing a role in developing the EV market in the UK and a vision for how our EVEC can play a key role in this. The role involves managing a small team and introducing and driving improvements to ensure our partners get maximum benefit from promoting their vehicles at the centre and that we provide the best experience for customers visiting it.
- Drive improved standards throughout the Centre and effectively lead the EV Gurus to ensure the delivery of the companies’ brand values to every customer
- Liaise with the commercial team to develop training events to new industries for EV adopters
- MK Promise – Support local businesses in the Milton Keynes area with their aspirations to move to the EV market
- You will love coaching and developing your team to deliver the best results
- You will be process driven and compliant and be able to instil retail disciplines
- You will pride yourself on merchandising standards and the presentation of your store
- Resilient, passionate, enthusiastic and commercial, with a “will to win” attitude, are just some of the ideal manager traits
- Service multiple clients concurrently, meeting deadlines and reporting to our partners
- Must be able to use excel to report on key requirements for the business
Client based Sales and Training function
Managing a team of 6
OEM / Dealership or Retail experience would be great
Analytical IT reporting skills, especially word, excel, office etc.
An interest in the Electric Vehicles, Automotive, Transport, and Energy markets, low carbon transition and Climate Change would be advantageous
- Competitive base salary
- Variable bonus subject to personal performane
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays Company Sick Pay (up to 4 weeks in rolling 12 months)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)