PR Account Executive
- 900 South Pavillion Center Drive, Las Vegas, Nevada, us
B&P Advertising, Media and Public Relations is a full-service communications agency. We offer our clients the personalized service of a small agency, combined with the additional menu of services and unmatched media buying muscle that comes from our affiliation with Nevada’s largest advertising and marketing firm.
Founded in 2001, B&P builds brands and helps businesses succeed through integrated marketing communications, all under one roof. From creative concepts to campaign execution, our services cover all aspects of PR and advertising strategy and implementation. Whether you are a local startup or a Fortune 500 company, the agency is focused on driving business results for clients throughout the West.
Through programs that include advertising, media buying, public relations, video, e-mail marketing, website development, social media programs, special event planning and coordination, B&P knows how to reach the right audience for each client.
The PR Account Executive is responsible for supporting the B&P PR team in all internal account duties, initiating and tracking progress on all jobs, and assisting in the development and implementation of PR strategies and programs for agency clients.
B&P expects the employee to plan, implement and manage PR campaigns for agency clients under the supervision of B&P’s PR Director. This involves multiple aspects of public relations, including generating positive awareness for clients in traditional, new and social media, planning, implementing and publicizing special events for clients, and planning and managing communications in times of crisis for clients. The employee will also be expected to track results, including relevant news coverage, for agency clients, and to work on new business proposals for potential clients.
- Under the direction of the B&P PR Director, develops and manages ongoing PR initiatives for assigned accounts.
- Acts as primary contact for multiple agency clients and assists other PR team members as needed.
- Assists with researching, maintaining and updating media lists for the agency and clients.
- Assists with or manages social media efforts for clients.
- Assists with updating client websites as needed.
- Helps agency develop and maintain client, VIP and invitation lists.
- Conducts and coordinates research necessary to develop client PR initiatives, including competitive research for clients as needed.
- Assists with the staffing of client special event activities as needed.
- Coordinates with videographers and photographers hired by agency.
- Helps track client news coverage and prepares monthly reports of agency activity and client news coverage for retainer clients.
- Plans, writes, edits, and develops news releases, fact sheets, website copy, blogs, speeches and other PR materials as assigned.
- Pitching, placing and tracking local and national news stories benefitting agency clients.
- Participates in strategic planning and message development.
- Assists in new business efforts as needed.
- Understands and abides by the agency’s business practices and philosophies as well as understands B&P’s policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in professional development, training, meetings and agency meetings.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned, working with other PR Account Executives and PR Director.
- Maintains a strong, trusting partnership between the agency and its clients by establishing a solid, professional business relationship and delivering quality materials.
- Maintains an understanding of the clients’ public relations and business objectives.
- Understands and remains knowledgeable about clients’ products, services and competitive environment, as well as potential areas of concern.
- Develops and maintains an intimate working knowledge of all agency departments.
- Demonstrates public relations/industry expertise, organization and commitment.
- Adheres to the PRSA code of ethics.
- Maintains accurate daily time sheets.
- Maintains an appropriate appearance and demeanor with clients and in other professional environments.
- Must maintain a valid Nevada driver’s license.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising or related field or equivalent experience in a communications environment.
- At least three years of relevant professional public relations experience.
- Superior written and communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.