Automotive Tire Technician
- 20822 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77449, USA
- Region: Midsouth
At BMW of West Houston, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our state of the art dealership is located in the the fastest area in the energy corridor of Houston. Great benefits and 401k match! BMW of West Houston was named the top 100 dealerships in the Nation for reputation online. Come find out what we are all about!
• Receiving and carrying-out Repair Orders as dispatched
• Performing diagnostic services and troubleshooting to determine repair needs
• Providing labor, time, and parts estimates for repair services
• Performing high quality and efficient repair services for various automotive systems, including engine, steering, suspension, brakes, and air conditioning in accordance with Center and Factory standards
• Performing Quality Control checks for repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete
• Completing all required paperwork and documentation for repair services
• Maintaining organized, clean workspace and accounting for dealership and personal tools at all times
• Communicating directly and efficiently with Service Advisors and Parts Department Employees
• Participating in continual BMW proprietary training/education programs to hone skills and develop expertise in industry-leading BMW automotive technologies and processes
• Demonstrating behaviors consistent with Employer's values in all interactions. You’re a passionate, skilled, and dedicated individual who is excited by the opportunity to work on The Ultimate Driving Machine. You’re highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills. You’re excited about innovative technologies, ideally have previous European brand service repair experience, and are committed to Fix it Right the First Time to provide the ultimate customer experience.
We are currently seeking talented and passionate entry level Automotive Technicians to consider career paths working with The Ultimate Driving Machine.
If you want more out of your automotive career, please submit an application for consideration.
Center Location: Katy, TX
Receive and carry out Repair Orders as dispatched by Service Advisers
Perform high quality and efficient repair service in accordance with Center and Factory standards
Perform diagnostic services and troubleshooting to determine repair needs
Road-test repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete
Maintain organized, clean workspace
Communicate directly and efficiently with Service Advisers and Parts Department Employees
Participate in continual BMW proprietary training/education programs to hone skills and develop expertise in industry-leading BMW automotive technologies and processes
Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Employers' values in all interactions
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Automotive Technical training or Trade School degree strongly preferred
1-2 years of hands-on work experience as Automotive Technician in a reputable shop environment
Valid Driver's License in applicable state (or ability to obtain upon relocation) and a good driving record
Strong Mechanical & Electrical diagnostic aptitude and hands on skill required
Proficiency in basic computer skills required
Excellent Customer Service skills required
Candidate must have their own basic automotive tool set (tool boxes provided)
ASE Certifications strongly considered, and are applicable to BMW Certification levels
Professional appearance and work ethic required
Must be authorized to work in the United States
Pre-employment testing; including drug, background, and motor vehicle reports
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.