- 100 Cleveland Ave, Freeport, NY 11520, USA
- Region: Eastern
BMW of Freeport is currently seeking talented and passionate Automotive Technicians with at least 3 years of professional repair experience to consider career paths working with The Ultimate Driving Machine.
You want more out of your automotive career, we offer...
- State of the art equipment in a clean, organized and well run service department
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your commute schedule
- Production bonus
- Ongoing BMW training
- Benefits include Medical, Dental, PTO and 401k match
Submit an application today for consideration. Excellent lifelong career opportunities await at BMW of Freeport!
As a BMW Technician, you will be responsible for performing diagnoses, repairs, and maintenance work for customer and dealership vehicles. You’ll be at the forefront of innovative automotive diagnostic technologies.
- Receiving and carrying-out Repair Orders as dispatched.
- Performing diagnostic services and troubleshooting to determine repair needs.
- Providing labor, time, and parts estimates for repair services.
- Performing high quality and efficient repair services for various automotive systems, including engine, steering, suspension, brakes, and air conditioning in accordance with Center and Factory standards.
- Performing Quality Control checks for repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete.
- Completing all required paperwork and documentation for repair services.
- Maintaining organized, clean workspace and accounting for dealership and personal tools at all times.
- Communicating directly and efficiently with Service Advisors and Parts Department Employees.
- Participating in continual BMW proprietary training/education programs to hone skills and develop expertise in industry-leading BMW automotive technologies and processes.
- Demonstrating behaviors consistent with Employer's values in all interactions. You’re a passionate, skilled, and dedicated individual who is excited by the opportunity to work on The Ultimate Driving Machine. You’re highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills. You’re excited about innovative technologies, ideally have previous European brand service repair experience, and are committed to Fix it Right the First Time to provide the ultimate customer experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Automotive Technical training or Trade School degree strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of hands-on work experience as Automotive Technician in a reputable shop (preferably OEM dealership or franchise) environment
- Valid Driver's License in applicable state (or ability to obtain upon relocation) and a good driving record
- Strong Mechanical & Electrical diagnostic aptitude and hands on skill required
- Proficiency in basic computer skills required
- Excellent Customer Service skills required
- Candidate must have their own basic automotive tool set
- NY State Inspectors License will be a plus
- Professional appearance and work ethic required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Pre-employment testing; including drug, background, and motor vehicle reports
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.