Field Service Engineer
- Toledo, OH, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Field Service Engineer provides exemplary customer support for the Waterlase Dentistry line of laser products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide assistance to level 1 providers.
- Provide minimum of one day every 2 weeks on technical call center.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issue, order necessary parts, open case data and take appropriate action to resolve customer issue.
- Serve as primary customer contact related to laser operations including, but not limited to, negotiating outcomes with dissatisfied customers.
- Manage schedule and regularly follow up with customers in territory to ensure customer is optimizing the use of the laser(s).
- Advise customers regarding technical or clinical concerns.
- Manage the territory by scheduling visits based upon identifying customer needs.
- Consult with customers to resolve any problems.
- Ensure customers are adequately maintaining laser(s) by conducting care and maintenance in-service training when necessary.
- Provide customers with quick reference guides and ensure that they are properly trained in the proper maintenance/use of laser.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local Sales Representatives and assist in the consultative sales process for new laser systems by discussing features and benefits of new products & upgrades when in customer office.
- Sell service contracts, gold handpieces, mirror replacement & maintenance kits, and software upgrades to customers.
- Advise customers concerning features and benefits of various consumable products to help drive sales & growth.
- Identify areas for product improvements and communicate to Corporate engineering team.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of service bulletins as required.
- Travel to support open territories as needed.
- Review territory information on a monthly basis and schedule required preventive maintenance (PM) service calls as required during the month.
- Provide required paperwork on regular basis to the corporate office.
- Ensure all regulatory reporting requirements are adhered to on a timely basis.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Must be organized, a self-starter, able to manage own schedule and have a ‘Make-It-Happen’ attitude.
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
Associate's Degree (A.A) in Electronic Engineer, 3 - 5 years of related experience and/or training. Laser experience is a plus. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds. Must be able to work in tight spaces (Doctor Office Operatories). Frequent travel required.
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)