- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The position of Senior Accountant will be responsible for routing general ledger maintenance of key accounts such as cash, prepaid and fixed assets, accruals, and other key accounting and close functions. This position will also be responsible for the preparation of routine and non-routine journal entries and account reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist in the preparation of budgets, forecasts and analysis of variances. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Provide assistance with external audit, compliance, and general ledger projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned.
- Develop annual cost budgets and updated forecasts
- Back-up month-end duties assigned
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- Assign with annual external audit and complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
Bachelor of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university; CPA a plus. Two to six years progressively responsible experience in accounting.
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting. Great Plains preferred
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Must be able to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)