Sales Development Specialist
- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Sales Development Specialist is responsible for building and strengthening customer loyalty, managing transactions to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and securing repeat business by finding the right solutions to BIOLASE customer’s needs. This individual will begin their development with the Inside Sales team learning our systems, products, and process. As this individual shows proficiency in these skills they will begin to develop their outside ability with remote field work based around field activities. Expectations are that this individual will be field ready deployable as Outside Sales Representative within 1 year of hire. Must be willing to relocate for available opportunity at this time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Answer inbound calls and manage email as well as other electronic communications in a fast-paced environment
Facilitate and ensure successful integration of BIOLASE technology into customer practices and delivery of its value proposition.
Support Account Managers to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction as well as to proactively identify issues based on customer interactions
- Utilizing prospect lists, makes outbound phone calls to current, past and potential customers to qualify leads and sell products and services. Informs them of BIOLASE products, current promotions, and other services, such as extended warranties, training classes, and service contracts.
- Maintain regular contact with current customers to strengthen relationships and ensure satisfaction with solutions and support, including making efforts to rehabilitate customer engagement and utilization of BIOLASE products.
- Train new customers including dental practitioners and affiliated office staff on product use.
- Travel as needed to meet with customers and participate in meetings and/or other activities - normal and regular travel may require significant days away from home. Document office interactions within company CRM system.Dedicate a minimum of 10 hours of hands on lab or customer interaction minimum every week.
- Follows up with customers to assure satisfaction, respond to queries, solicit further sales and solve problems.
- Develops and manages relationships with current and prospective clients to promote additional business and ensure a high level of client satisfaction.
- Willing to relocate to a major metropolitan area within the US
Degree in Dental Hygiene, Bachelor’s degree from accredited University or Military experience; and minimum of 2 years demonstrated successful sales. Knowledge of dental clinical and practice/business aspects preferred.
Computer literacy; should be proficient in all MS Office applications.
Good mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate figures such as discounts, commissions, percentages, and interest.
Knowledge of CRM or other business communications products preferred.
Strong customer service and organizational skills.
Superior interpersonal and verbal communication skills
A high level of persuasiveness, assertiveness, empathy and ego-resilience.
The ability to handle a high volume of customers in an accurate and timely manner.
Solid multi-tasking abilities; the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong follow-up techniques as they pertain to customer orders, delivery issues, requests for technical assistance and unresolved matters.
Proficiency in problem solving and seeing issues through conclusion/resolution.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced setting with minimum supervision
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)