- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Event Coordinator will be part of small, but impactful team that helps drive our global brand and engagement through educational events and tradeshows. This position will coordinate all aspects of our events and provide support for activities related to Seminars, Tradeshows, and Sales Meetings including, but not limited to maintaining event budgets, and files; data entry, shipping and other administrative support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Use Cvent Event Management system to build and manage event budgets, websites, email communications, registration processing, surveys, and reporting
Oversee the planning & execution of internal and external events, including budgets, venue recommendations, contractual negotiations, speakers, food and beverage, and audio visual
Effectively communicate with internal & external team members to address all event-related details
Prepare event materials; nametags, tent cards, and sign-in sheets
Process invoices and payments for vendors, sponsorships, and speaker honorarium; track Event ROI, and reconcile event expenses for event budget reconciliation
Maintain in-house Learning Center; supplies and equipment
- Acts as a liaison between BIOLASE and vendors, as needed
Serve as onsite Coordinator for events, as needed
Ability to travel up to 10 %
Coordinate booth space selection, literature, freight scheduling, demo equipment, and other related materials for tradeshows
Oversee display setup/breakdown for tradeshows
Responsible for maintaining trade show inventory
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking.
- Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, manage a high volume of competing priorities, and be resourceful under pressure.
- Proficiency with technology and the ability to quickly learn new software. Intermediate experience with MS Office. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal & external partners. Acts with the customer in mind to establish/maintain an effective relationship and trust.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of a specialized course of study or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)