Director of Financial Reporting
- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Director of Financial Reporting responsible for timely and accurate external and internal financial reporting as required by the SEC (including XBRL). Performs day-to-day financial reporting responsibilities related to the Company and international subsidiaries. Communicates with external auditors to manage expectations of deliverables. Oversees technical accounting and researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting process, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues as needed. Proposes amendments and facilitates change to the Company’s internal control process over financial reporting process and any related business process in conjunction with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares quarterly 10-Qs and annual 10-Ks and other SEC filings for management review while tracking and maintaining supporting documentation from various reporting groups in compliance with the Company’s internal control process over financial reporting. Works with both internal and external parties to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Manage the process for the Proxy filing and Annual Shareholders Meeting.
- Assists in the month end close process and oversees technical accounting. Researches and discusses complex accounting and reporting issues related to significant Company transactions and financial reporting process, as well as prepares memoranda related to complex issues as needed.
- Acts as stock incentive administrator using stock incentive platform, ensuring accurate and timely recording of expense and exercises in the general ledger. Coordinate with external stock transfer agent for reporting requirements.
- Proposes amendments and facilitates the Company’s internal control process over financial reporting process and any related business process in conjunction with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002. This includes the documentation of the Company’s financial processes and procedures, which comprise our system of internal controls and identifies key controls upon which we place reliance, and prepares quarterly testing protocols to ensure that controls are operating properly.
- Makes system, process and procedural recommendations in order to remediate any identified control weaknesses or processes which may be created or modified in order to improve controls, create efficiencies or streamline operations. Assists in implementation of remediation actions.
- Identifies any outside resources necessary to complete the SOX404 responsibilities.
- Coordinates efforts with outside auditors to facilitate their SOX404 audit process.
- Prepares initial draft of management self-assessment report.
- Supervise and manage the financial results and day-day accounting operations of the foreign subsidiaries and support the International business team.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) with accounting major or concentration from four-year college or university; CPA (Certified Public Accountant) designation; and minimum five – ten years related experience with at least two years in public accounting.
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)