Regional Sales Director - Northeast
- New York, NY, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Regional Sales Director will lead the Northeast Regional Sales Team and their new business growth strategy for Biolase. In this role, you will manage our growing and talented Sales Team to grow and achieve sales targets. You will focus relentlessly on improvement and growth, using data to find and capitalize on opportunities in the sales process. You will use metrics to maximize the predictability of sales and deliver on accurate forecasts. Calling on your knowledge of the dental/med device market and sales process expertise, you will help sales team members zero in on and communicate our value proposition, elevate the sale to the highest-level decision makers, and win the sale. You will develop the team to communicate and execute with consistency. You will align the team to partner with Inside Sales, Marketing and other internal resources to execute and achieve sales plans. You will find ways to increase our sales in both the capital and consumable product lines by becoming an invaluable asset to our sales team, existing customer base and to new customers to expand our penetration further into the dental space. You maintain a growth-oriented, positive, accountable and collaborative work environment, always thinking about ways to support the professional growth and achievement of your team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Execute activity across assigned region to deliver against revenue goals in line with Biolase go to market strategy and reporting activities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish a motivational mission and vision for the team that will assist in driving the team to become a best in class
- Build and develop a superstar sales team that can not only exceed expectations in this team but can also move into future sales teams across the business to help BIOLASE achieve our growth targets
- Drive and achieve the quarterly and annual business goals (revenue and other KPIS) with the team
- Plan and manage regional costs/expenses to achieve budget
- Travel as needed to support Sales Team in delivering on objectives and developing sales abilities, including one-on-one co-travel and coaching, staffing trade shows, etc.
- Drive ambitious yet attainable team and individual KPI’s
- Identify and assign the key roles and responsibilities to align to the business goals
- Create a winning culture for the team that supports the mission
- Ensure team partners effectively with Inside Sales, Marketing and other resources
- Ensure all team members have appropriate skills and behaviors
- Recommend the appropriate tools needed to meet the goals and improve performance
- Monitor and measure the team against agreed upon KPIs
- Develop an accountability-focused and growth-oriented mindset among team members
- Report data on business goals and key performance drivers
- Identify opportunities to improve performance where needed and implement and execute appropriate plans
- Work directly with Management and Sales Operations to ensure Sales Team utilizes the CRM as required (entering customer and other data as required)
- Possess and communicate a high level of competency in the demonstration of all BIOLASE products
- Strategically align and partner with the Inside Sales team to achieve BIOLASE, Inc. goals.
- Ensure team complies with company policies, including timely completion of sales reporting requirements, expense report submission, etc.
- Understands and is able to quote prices and credit terms, prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and accurately estimate dates of delivery to customers
- Represent BIOLASE in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in an efficient manner utilizing appropriate resources.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and 6+ years of relevant sales leadership and sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)