Director of Inside Sales
- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Director of Inside Sales will lead the Inside Sales Team and their new business growth strategy for Biolase. In this role you will manage our growing and talented Inside Sales Team, and report to the VP of US Sales. You will focus relentlessly on improvement, using data to diagnose inefficiencies in the sales process. You’ll refine our sales forecasting, using advanced metrics to maximize the predictability of sales. Calling on your knowledge of the dental/med device market and Inside Sales, you’ll help us zero in our value proposition, elevate the sale to the highest-level decision makers, win the sale, and train the team to communicate and execute with consistency. You will align in partnership with stakeholders in Outside Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Marketing, you’ll explore ways to increase our sales in both the capital and consumable product lines by becoming an invaluable asset to our existing customer base and expanding our footprint further into the dental space. You’ll maintain an open-minded, safe, fun work environment, always thinking about ways to support the professional growth of your team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Execute activity across assigned customers to deliver against revenue goals in line with Biolase go to market strategy and report activities. Other duties may be added.
- Establish a motivational mission and vision for the team that will assist in driving the team to become a best in class
- Build and develop a superstar sales team that can not only exceed expectations in this team but can also move into future sales teams across the business to help BIOLASE achieve our growth targets
- Establish the annual business goals (revenue and other KPIS) for the team
- Drive ambitious yet attainable team and individual KPI’s
- Identify and assign the key roles and responsibilities to align to the business goals
- Create a winning culture for the team that supports the mission
- Ensure we have the relevant resources in each inside/outside sales partnership
- Ensure all teams are skilled accordingly
- Recommend the appropriate tools needed to meet the goals and improve performance
- Monitor and measure the team against agreed KPIs
- Build and implement a world class recognition and reward program (e.g., coaching, contests)
- Report statistical feedback on business goals and key performance drivers
- Identify opportunities to improve performance
- Work directly with Management and Sales Operations to ensure Inside Sales Team enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into CRM/computer database.
- Strategically align and partner with the Outside Sales team to promote BIOLASE, Inc. goals.
- Represent BIOLASE in a professional and responsible manner at all times.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems in an efficient manner utilizing appropriate resources.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and 8 years of relevant sales management and sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Sales training experience a plus.
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)