- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Event Coordinator will be part of a small, but impactful team that helps drive our global brand and engagement through educational events and tradeshows. This position will provide coordination and management for all educational based event program initiatives at BIOLASE. Customer service is highly desired in this role as the position will be the main resource for all incoming participants. Main duties of this position include course coordination, tracking program expenditures, revenue, budget reporting, and Sunshine Act reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Use Cvent Event Management system to build and manage event budgets, websites, registration, email communications, badges, surveys, and reporting
Coordinate all logistics in association with education events including venue, speakers, food & beverage, audiovisual, and demo equipment
Effectively communicate with speakers and internal team members to address all education event related details
Manage communication with training participants regarding course materials, logistics, and any necessary follow up
Prepare and distribute certificates for Continuing Education (CE) credits and maintain Continuing Education (CE) records and files
Process and submit invoices/check request to accounting for vendors, sponsorships, and speaker honorarium payments
- Reconcile monthly and quarterly expenses in Cvent
- Acts as a liaison between BIOLASE and vendors, as needed
Serve as onsite Coordinator for educational events and tradeshows, as needed
Ability to travel up to 10 %
Coordinate booth space selection, literature, freight scheduling, demo equipment, and other related materials for tradeshows
Oversee display setup/breakdown for tradeshows
Manage and/or work tradeshows
Responsible for maintaining tradeshow inventory
1. Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and speaking.
2. Should be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently. Need strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, manage a high volume of competing priorities, and be resourceful under pressure.
3. Proficiency with technology and the ability to quickly learn new software. Intermediate experience with MS Office. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
4. Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal partners. Acts with the customer in mind to establish/maintain an effective relationship and trust.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent of a specialized course of study or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer