Quality Assurance Technician I
- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
Inspects and tests incoming materials, work-in-process and finished goods for conformance with quality requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs designated inspections efficiently and according to established procedures.
- Identifies non-conforming material and handles in accordance with established procedures.
- Completes reports of inspection results in a timely manner.
- Provides prompt feedback to operations personnel (e.g., assembly and purchasing) regarding inspection results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two year certificate from college or technical school; or equivalent combination of both education and experience.
- One to three years of inspection experience with high precision components and assemblies
- Experience with optics, lasers, or high precision mirrors preferred
- Able to inspect various types of materials (i.e. metal, plastic, electronics)
- Good background of reading blueprints and technical documents
- Able to use various types of inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, optical comparator)
- Able to operate automated inspection equipment, such as CMM (coordinate measurement machine) or programmable vision system
- Able to enter information into data collection software (i.e. Excel Spreadsheet)
- Experience in Medical Device Industry a plus
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)