- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Junior Planner will perform a variety of functions focused on delivering product on time to our customers and meeting division inventory objectives. This position is also responsible for achieving operations metrics related to factory efficiency and inventory objectives while supporting sales, service and engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Position is responsible to ensure materials are available to support production schedules, service part requirements and inventory stocking objectives. Responsible to manage back order reports, follow up with purchasing on material needs, release work orders packets and process all the material transaction in our GP system.
- Position will work with purchasing to plan material requirements based on production forecast and maintain material planning reports.
- Position ensures kits are pulled with the warehouse personnel and released on time to the production cells.
- Manages service kanban, floor stock and provides supporting data to procurement for supplier kanbans. This includes pulling the Kanban cards and working with suppliers and purchasing to ensure materials arrive as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Inventory Transaction Accuracy
- Factory Efficiency
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of strong hands-on Material/Production planning experience in medical device manufacturing environments. APICS a plus, experience with Microsoft Great Plains and/or other ERP systems required. Lean Manufacturing training a plus.
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)