- Irvine, CA, USA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The position of Senior Accountant will be responsible for banking activities such as setting up new accounts, adding new signatures, bank reconciling items, banking fees, positive pay exceptions, etc. Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Provide assistance with external audit and general ledger projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report-in force premium, direct written premium and loss fund balance, retro accrual, cash, cash applied
to A/R, bad debt allowance and non-admitted A/R on a monthly basis as well as for any GAAP vs. STAT differences
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow-up and
documentation of significant variances
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statutory Statement pages/schedules
- Assign with annual external audit and complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations
- Coordinate and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services
- Monitor positive pay exceptions
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
- Back-up month-en duties assigned
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting, Great Plains preferred
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- Must be able to work with minimal up front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university; CPA a plus. Two to six years progressively responsible experience in accounting.
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)