In-House Service Engineer
- Irvine, CA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment, including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The job of the In-House Service Engineer is to provide complete technical support to the customer base to resolve customer issues and problems. In-House Service Engineers will take the customer phone calls and ensure problems are resolved by either solving it on the phone call or coordinate with the field service team and assigned tasks in CRM and dispatch the appropriate FSE’s to make optimal use of all resources involved to support task requirements, customers’ service needs and company expense management requirements. Objectives are to complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner and comply with companies’ guidelines; includes scheduling all installations, PM appointments, service trainings and service call appointments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs In-House technical support for all BIOLASE products.
- Must attend training on products and may help develop service documentation as required
- Id the primary point of contact for managing task completions to support customer service requirements
- Must properly dispatch all the necessary and pertinent task information and assignments to the FSE’s and must update system resources (CRM) accurately and timely with necessary updates and information
- Must coordinate with operations to ensure the necessary materials, equipment and/or tools are available for FSE’s to perform tasks assigned
- Act as the FSE Manager’s primary point of contact and work to anticipate, identify, and resolve issues which could lead to issues or problems. IHSE will also direct the FSE’s to those that can help resolve issues that are outside the scope of their expertise
- Keeps Operations Management and FSE’s managers apprised of all operational potential failures and inform the VP of Operations of the development, impact and resolution of all problems which may impact the effectiveness or efficiency of the operation
- Work with management and ensure safety requirements are met and fleet updates are maintained
- Communicate effectively and proactively with other departments that may impact the availability of the field service team to support sales trainings and other sales events
- Require being available to take phone calls and deal with operational issues at night and on the weekends as required
- Bilingual French preferred but not required
- Available to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and extended hours if needed
Bachelor in Engineering and experience in field service / technical support for over 8 years.
Exceptional communication and inter-personal skills including proper telephone / email etiquette, and customer service skills
Demonstrated planning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
Must be able to use system tools and maintain database accurately
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)