Regional Imaging Specialist
- Irvine, CA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
This position’s primary role is to install, train and support dental professionals and facilitate the understanding and usage of 3Shape 3D scanning and CAD/CAM software solutions. This position will also provide after-sale Level 1 technical and clinical support remotely, via phone and online, or in person for the 3Shape product line. As a subject matter expert in this product category, this role will play a key role in conducting remote or in-office product demonstrations and answer product related questions for the sales team and support services. The position includes participation in dental shows, conferences and seminars and extensive travel to dental offices. Experience and proficiency with Restorative, Orthodontic or Implant Planning Dental 3D software required. 3Shape preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate the on-site technical training for imaging systems at our customers' dental facilities.
- Evaluate the customer’s applications issues and then provide assistance utilizing the appropriate training support information and documentation.
- Manage incoming training support requests.
- Provides technical and clinical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of products including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers.
- Develop and deliver product training to customers on equipment use.
- Works closely with assigned Regional Sales Directors to support 3Shape CAD/CAM sales.
- Monitors customer installations of product to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
- Uses market and product knowledge to assist sales and marketing teams in developing sales, marketing and customer service strategies.
- Provides leads and customer feedback to support BIOLASE laser and other non-imaging products.
- Provides support to both sales and accounting administration, and facilitate registration directly with 3Shape for renewals of annual 3Shape CAD/CAM software subscriptions after expiration of subscription.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Clinical experience in imaging modalities with advanced visualization or in a 3D dental processing lab, utilizing advanced multimodality applications.
- Experience in product demonstrations, training and sales to end-users in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge of cross sectional dental anatomy.
- Dental Digital and Clinical Workflow experience.
- Imaging training experience: Curriculum design knowledge.
- Intraoral scanning and CAD/CAM training experience with 3Shape, iTero, Sirona, Carestream, or
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to execute training curricula and professionally deal with circumstances surrounding difficult situations, while utilizing adult learning techniques.
- Communication at physician level/understanding of workflow-ability to work with and train physicians
on viewing/rendering techniques for post processing multimodality applications.
- Ability to travel nationally to perform on-site training
- Some Computer IT; Troubleshooting knowledge.
- Some Networking knowledge.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5 years imaging and dental related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)